I want to extend a warm welcome to this poem home.
Enjoy your visit and I hope this will be a source of inspiration and encouragement.
Some of my roles include that of mother, grandmother and kindergarten educator (ret.).
Having composed songs for young children throughout my 27 years in the classroom,
I moved more into poetry following that period.
Please feel welcome to share these offerings with others as well.


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Truth and Tenderness

The truth of tenderness
finds the way through--
past the tangled webs,
around the power traps,
and beyond the storms.

Tender truths then
float softly above the clouds,
wrapped in the softness of their essence,
toughened by the cactus of endurance,
clothed in quiet pride
and
strengthened by the hearts of deep knowing.

Margery Layton
5-2011